Papaya is one of the best fruits for skin care. Papaya cleanses and make skin to glow in a healthy way. It contains rejuvenating enzymes that exfoliate your skin to provide you a glowing complexion. It’s loaded with papain and vitamin A. The enzyme papain breaks down inactive proteins and eliminates dead skin cells. The vitamin A works as an anti-oxidant.
Its best attribute is that it contains low sodium quantity. As the salt content is less, the water retention is also small. This leads to an overall hydrated skin. Papaya is considered as the best fruit for a healthy skin.
Following are the Papaya benefits for a healthy skin:
- It is a good source of vitamin A, so it works as a great anti-oxidant on skin.
- Its higher papain levels make it an excellent natural exfoliant. It helps in removing dead skin cells.
- Papaya helps in preventing premature aging and has anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The AHAs (alpha hydroxyl acids) act to break down proteins and dissolve the dead skin cells. That is why many exfoliating skin products contain AHAs. Papain has similar properties and is found in abundance in Papaya. So, papaya acts as a natural, plant-based alternative to chemical exfoliants. Massage papaya on your face. Let it stay there for 5 minutes and rinse your face with lukewarm water and finally with cool water. Papaya is an acidic fruit, so don’t let the papaya sit on your face for more time, as it can cause dryness and might irritate your skin.
- Since, green papaya is a rich source of papain; you can use papaya for skin whitening.
- Papaya works as a great skin-firming and anti-aging agent. Mash papaya and apply on your face with or without milk. It helps in removing blemishes, dark spots and provides an even tone to your skin.
- Blend papaya with honey to make a nourishing, hydrating and skin-brightening face mask.
- Does Papaya lighten skin: Yes you can use papaya for skin whitening.