How to Prepare Healthy Desserts
1. Peanut Butter-Chocolate Bars
Ingredients: 20-25 cookies, butter-3 tablespoons, chocolate-4 ounces, cream cheese-4 ounces, peanut butter-half cup, yogurt-half cup, sugar-2/3 cup.
• Finely ground cookies. Add melted butter and blend it in the food processor until the cookies are coated with the butter. Melt 4 ounces of chocolate bar and add it to the mixture. The mixture must be in the texture of very wet sand. Transfer the mixture to another bowl, cover and refrigerate it.
• For filling and topping: Add cream cheese, peanut butter, yogurt and sugar to the food processor and blend it until it becomes a smooth paste like consistency. Pour this mixture all over the crust. Top with peanuts and sprinkle little amount of salt. Cover and refrigerate until set slightly looser than cream cheese, about 4 hours up to overnight.Cut it into pieces and serve chilled.
2. Broiled Banana Splits:
Ingredients: sugar- 1 tbsp, cinnamon- ½ tsp, salt, bananas-4, butter- 1 tbsp, yogurt- 2 tbsp, almonds and chocolates-1 tbsp.
• Mix 1 tablespoon sugar with ½ teaspoon cinnamon , and a pinch of salt. Cut 4 bananas lengthwise pour 1 tablespoon of melted butter in such a way that it covers the banana and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture. Wrap in a foil and broil until it turns golden brown. Top with frozen yogurt, almonds and chopped chocolates.
3. Banana Cream Pie Smoothie:
Ingredients: sliced ripe bamama-1 cup, yogurt-1 cup, milk- ½ cup, wheat crumbs-2 tablespoon, vanilla extract-1/2, ice cubes-3.
• Arrange banana slices on a baking sheet, and freeze it for 1 hour. Place the bananas and other ingredients in the processor and blend it thoroughly until you get a smoothie consistency. Serve chilled.
4. Apple and fresh dates crumble:
Ingredients: apples-4, dates- 100g, fresh orange juice- 1/3 cup, cinnamon stick-1, oats- 1/3 cup, almonds- 50g, coconut-2 tbsp, fresh cream- to serve.
• Preheat oven at 180 degrees. Place apple, dates, orange juice and cinnamon stick in a pan and bring it to boil. Keep the stove in simmer and cover it for 2-3 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick. Sprinkle almonds, oats and coconut on the top and bake it for 8-10 minutes. Serve it with cream.
5. Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients: soy milk or coconut milk-8 ounces, honey- 1 tbsp, banana-2, cocoa powder- 1 tbps.
- Blend all the ingredients together and make it into a smooth consistency and serve chilled.