How To Prepare Walnut Protein Pancakes?
Walnuts are a very common ingredient of our daily life. Walnuts are really great for the skin and body. These nuts are rich source of energy and containing many health benefits like nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins for the optimum growth of health to stay fit and healthy. We consume walnuts in forms of chocolates, cakes, cookies and more. Let us taste a dish on walnut which contains 7 gram of fat, 155 mg of sodium, 8 gram of sugar,6 gram of fiber, 24 gram of protein and why you should add walnuts in your diet:
Walnut Protein Pancakes
These hearty pancakes pack in whole grains, protein, and a little bit of fat, the perfect ingredients for a healthy breakfast. However, they also include a few tablespoons of walnuts, an excellent source of ALA omega-3 fatty acids that also boost skin health. We know that if our diet is deficient in ALA, then we may see signs of dry, scaly skin.
Preparation Time:6 min
Cook Time:25 min
Total Time:31 min
1 c quick-cooking oats
½ c whole grain pastry flour
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
1½ tsp hain pure foods featherweight baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
3 egg whites
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ c fat-free ricotta cheese
¾ c fat-free milk
1. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, then wipe away the excess with a paper towel and set aside the towel. Use this towel to wipe the skillet between pancakes, recoating the skillet with the oil and cleaning away any pancake batter crumbs.
2. Preheat the skillet to medium-low, then reduce the heat to low.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then add the wet ingredients and mix.
4. Spoon about ½ cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until firm and golden brown. Flip the pancake and finish cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Remove the pancake to a plate. Wipe the skillet with the paper towel.
5. Repeat STEP 4 with the remaining batter to make a total of 8 pancakes.
It’s important to cook pancakes over low heat to make sure they cook evenly. If the heat is too high, the outsides will burn while the insides remain runny.
Limit yourself to 3 pancakes per sitting and store the rest in the fridge.