If you want to look really beautiful, start with your skin. Healthy skin indicates that you’ve been eating right and really taking care of yourself. That means you’re doing all the right things. Besides, it gives you added confidence because you’re looking good and feeling great!
There is no problem with using makeup. But makeup should really be about highlighting your best features – not just about hiding patches, spots and blemishes. When you aren’t treating your body right, it shows up first on your skin.
- Good skin should feel soft, supple and clear. Read on to know some easy ways to literally be comfortable in your own skin.
- Know better on how to look beautiful without makeup.Maintain a Regular Skincare Routine
- Be sure to cleanse your skin every day. Choose a face wash that suits your skin type. Wash your face and then apply a toner. Five minutes later, apply a moisturiser.
- Use a face-pack or face scrub every 2-3 days. This will prevent white-heads and make your skin look fresher by removing dead skin.
- Massage your face and neck regularly with a suitable massage cream. This improves blood circulation and keeps your face from looking puffy.
- Apply sun-screen to avoid tanning, particularly if you’re outdoors between 10 am and 3 pm.
Wash with Lukewarm Water
- Hot water dries up the natural moisture in your skin. Use lukewarm water to bathe. Apply moisturiser to your face, neck and entire body after bathing. If you have oily skin, you may use a moisturising gel instead of a cream.
- Maintain Hygiene. Wash your face every day, whether you’re outdoors or in a social setting. Avoid touching your face with dusty or dirty hands to keep bacterial infections at bay. Remove all your makeup before sleeping to avoid clogging your skin pores. Wash your pillow covers, towels, bed sheets, etc. regularly as these directly touch your skin.
- Eat the Right Foods. Be sure to include salads, fresh fruits and yogurt (or butter milk) in your daily diet. Veggies and fruits help to improve your overall metabolism, making your skin look clearer and brighter.If you are prone to breakouts, limit your intake of dairy products and deep-fried foods.Sweets, biscuits and sugary drinks cause dehydration and dry up your skin. So again, limit or avoid.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water every day. Chaffed lips and smelly urine are signs that you aren’t drinking enough water. Water improves digestion and circulation, flushes out toxins and hydrates your skin.
- Exercise! Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. Choose a workout that you enjoy. Exercise improves metabolism and helps your hormones to function normally. This can help to avoid breakouts on your face.
- Sleep for about 7 hours at night to look fresh and feel rested.
Twenty minutes of meditation – 10 minutes each in the morning and evening – will make you feel relaxed and fresh. With regular practice, you could feel a healthy glow on your face.
Being healthy on the inside will make your skin glow on the outside. So stop hiding behind that makeup. Go on, flaunt that beautiful skin!