5 Hair Care Tips for Dry Hair
1. Hot Oil massage:
Hot oil massage is an ancient treatment which helps to improve your scalp’s blood circulation. After massaging your hair with oil, make sure that the oil has penetrated into your hair deeply, only then it provides nourishment to your hair by transferring all the essential nutrients to your hair and scalp. To deal with rough hair you need to do this treatment at least twice or thrice a week.
• Take some quantity (depending upon the length of your hair) of any essential oils like Coconut, Almond or Olive oil.
• Heat the oil. You just need to warm and bring the oil to boil.
• Apply this oil on to your scalp and gently massage on your fingertips for about 15 minutes.
• Let it sit for minimum 2 hours or leave the oil overnight for even better results.
• Wash your hair with good mild shampoo and use a conditioner.
Vinegar restores natural pH levels. You also get rid of an itchy scalp by using vinegar. For extremely dry hair, do this treatment for 1-2 times a week and later reduce the usage. Because too much usage of white vinegar can make your hair even more dry. Also protect your eyes while using vinegar since it can lead to irritation or burning.
• Mix 1 cup of either white vinegar or apple cider vinegar with 3-4 cups of water.
• After washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner, rinse your hair with vinegar.
• Massage your scalp gently. Make sure that your hair is fully covered by vinegar and allow it to sit for few minutes.
• Now rinse with water and dry your hair.
Banana is filled with numerous vitamins, minerals like potassium, zinc, iron, manganese, biotin, etc. Therefore it is a good remedy for hair breakage, dandruff, and split ends.
• Take 1 fully ripped banana, half fully ripped avocado and 2-3 tablespoons of coconut milk.
• Mash the banana and avocado and add coconut milk with this paste.
• Apply to your dry hair and all over your scalp and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
• Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Egg is one best food that is enriched with proteins. Since our hair is made up of proteins, it is indeed necessary to eat egg daily or you can also use to it as hair pack.
• Beat 1-2 eggs. Add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of olive or almond oil and make it a smooth paste.
• Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp. Massage your scalp gently and leave it for 20 minutes.
• Wash it off with mild shampoo. You can repeat this once for every 2-4 weeks
Yogurt is a fabulous treatment for dry frizzy hair as it helps in deep conditioning that makes your hair look and feel softer.
• Take some yogurt and apply to your hair and scalp. Gently massage your scalp and leave it for about half an hour.
• Wash off with mild shampoo. So this once a week and repeat once every 2-3 weeks. For better results you can also add egg to yougurt.