Instant Home Remedies to get Rid of Cough
- Burn betel leaf (paan) with a clove on gas flame. Mix honey with that ash and eat it. Betel leaves has many medicinal values like anti-oxidation and fungicides, anti-fungal. Therefore betel leaves can also be used for diseases like bad breath, boils and abscesses, conjunctivitis, constipation, headache, hysteria, itches, mastitis, leucorrhoea, ringworm, swelling of gum, rheumatism, abrasion, cuts and injuries.
- Scoop out the onion at the head and fill it with sugar and leave it overnight. Drink the resulting syrup in the morning. Do this at least once daily for about a week to get rid of cough soon.
- Boil tulsi, cardamom, sugar candy, saffron, anise (saunf), cinnamon and a piece of ginger in a cup of water. When it reduces to 1/4, sieve it and drink the syrup.
- Mix ginger juice with honey and drink it at regular intervals. It is proven that having fresh ginger daily cures asthma, coughs, colic, heart palpitations, swellings, dyspepsia, loss of appetite and rheumatism, while the dried root is used to “strengthen” the stomach, inhibit vomiting and treat diarrhoea.
- Stir one tablespoon of turmeric in a glass full of hot milk and drink the solution. Follow this remedy twice a day.
- Roast the turmeric root and ground it in to powder. Take about 1-2 gm of this roasted turmeric powder along with honey thrice a day to obtain relief from dry persistent cough.
- Add 5-10 drops Eucalyptus oil in a hot bath and breathe in the steam to relieve chest congestion.
- Alternatively, you can mix eucalyptus oil with olive, neem or coconut oil and rub it on your chest and throat for quick relief. Eucalyptus contains cineole, a powerful antiseptic that makes it a good remedy to have around during cold and flu season.
- Crush or chop organic garlic fine and mix it into raw honey. Swallow, don’t chew the mixture. Use twice per day until symptoms subside.
- Eat a clove of crushed garlic mixed with a few drops of clove oil and some honey for sore throat relief.
- Heat the garlic until soft, crush it and mix the paste with one tbsp honey. Stir in one tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice and then consume this tonic.
- Boiling flax seeds in water gives you a thick, gooey gel that soothes the throat and the bronchial tract. Honey and lemon act as mild antibiotics, and make this syrup super-soothing. For this natural remedy, boil 2 to 3 tablespoons of flax seeds in 1 cup of water until the water becomes thick. Strain, then add 3 tablespoons each of honey and lemon juice. Take 1 tablespoon as needed.